Despite being one of the fastest growing cities in Alabama, Fairhope has managed to retain its small-town feel. This beloved locale is known for its laid-back vibe, warm and inviting residents, beautiful antebellum homes, scenic streets lined with live oaks, and a charming, walkable downtown. Longtime residents say that Fairhope is a perfect and safe place to raise a family.
If you are considering moving to Fairhope, AL and would like to know more about this location before you make your decision, read on.
Fairhope, AL is Affordable to Live In
· The overall cost-of-living index of Fairhope, AL is 101.3, which means that it is just slightly above the national average of 100.
· The cost-of-living index for groceries and food in Fairhope, AL is 100.8.
· The cost-of-living index for health in Fairhope, AL is 99.2.
· The cost-of-living index for housing in Fairhope, AL is 119.8.
· The cost-of-living index for utilities in Fairhope, AL is 98.4.
· The cost-of-living index for transportation in Fairhope, AL is 76.5.
· The median home cost in Fairhope, AL is $277,000.
Fairhope, AL is Perfect for Nature Lovers
· The 9,317-acre Weeks Bay Reserve offers several recreational activities for nature lovers, including canoeing, kayaking, fishing, picnicking, hiking, bird watching, and observing wildlife.
· The scenic Fairhope Municipal Pier is one of the most popular landmarks in Fairhope, featuring spectacular views of Mobile Bay, large walking space, and sea life.
· The 300-acre Oak Hollow Farm is the place to go if you want to go horseback riding pheasant and dove hunting, or try skeet shooting and archery.
· The Beach Park Tree Trail in North Beach Park has almost 500 species of trees, including the Alabama State Champion Swamp Tuplelo and Hazel Adler.
· Gator Alley Boardwalk, 9 miles north of Fairhope, allows you to see alligators up-close and personal.
· The Village Point Park Preserve is known for its picturesque walking trails, winding pathways that lead to the forests and across the swampland to Mobile Bay.
Fairhope, AL is Ideal for Those Who Want to Live an Active Lifestyle
· Fairhope is a great town for walking, with its amazing walking paths and scenery.
· Go biking along scenic downtown Fairhope and marvel at the trails lined with moss-draped oak trees and the spectacular views of Mobile Bay.
· If you are a pro golf player or if you just want to try out golfing for the first time, you should visit Rock Creek Golf Club, which is recognized as one of Alabama’s top golf courses.
· Lakewood Golf Club, located at The Grand Hotel Marriott Resort in Point Clear, is a member of the prestigious Robert Trent Jones golf trail and features two 18 hold courses: the Dogwood Course and the Azalea Course.
· Go hiking, biking, or paddling at the Bohemian Park – an all-around park in Fairhope.
· The Volanta Sports Park is a 50-acre park with a municipal football stadium, indoor and outdoor swimming pools, a disc golf course, seven baseball fields, a dog park, a skate park, two gymnasiums, and plenty of open green space.
Fairhope, AL Has a Vibrant Arts and Culture Scene
· The Eastern Shore Art Center features works in different mediums from various artists all over the United States, offers workshops and classes, and holds an annual Outdoor Art Show.
· The Fairhope Museum of History is filled with exhibits celebrating the rich history of the city and is free to the public.
· The ten-acre historical Tolstoy Park offers a glimpse of the mesmerizing architecture of the homestead built by Henry Stuart in 1923.
· The Marietta Johnson Museum showcases the works of Marietta Johnson, a revolutionary educator that pioneered organic school, through exhibits, photographs, historical documents, and presentations from 1907 up to the present day.
Foodies Will Enjoy the Gastronomic Offerings in Fairhope, AL
· The Fairhope Float from Mr. Gene’s Beans Ice Cream and Coffee Shop is a favorite treat among the local Fairhopers – a special blend of coffee, frozen yogurt, and whipped cream.
· The top-rated Gambino’s Italian Grill is popular for its traditional Italian classics and locally-caught seafood dishes.
· Panini Pete’s Cafe & Bakeshoppe in the French quarter of downtown Fairhope is famous for its perfectly pressed sandwiches, Angus beef burgers, paninis, hand-cut fries and chips, and beignets.
· Sunset Pointe at Fly Creek Marina is popular for the wonderful sunset view and ambience that it offers, in addition to its best sellers, including crab meatballs, sunset pointe salad, Rick Braggs grouper sandwich, and skirt steak.
· Tongue & Groove Drinkery, a cocktail bar located in Fairhope’s charming downtown, serves perfectly concocted drinks made by their bartenders, craft beer, imports, vodka, gin, and many more.
Fairhope, AL is Home to Many Beautiful Places
· Orange Beach, with its powdery white sands, turquoise waters, and a host of stylish hotels and seafront dining locations, is known as one of the best beaches in the world. There are many activities you can enjoy in this beach, including scuba diving, snorkeling, kayaking, jet skiing, or you can take a cruise out onto the Gulf of Mexico.
· Meaher State Park, a 1,327-acre park located in the Mobile Bay wetlands, is a popular place for picnicking, fishing, and strolling along the boardwalk and admiring the natural beauty of the delta.
· Gulf State Park offers two miles of pure white sandy beaches, piers where you can watch spectacular sunsets, and 25 miles of back-country trails for hiking and cycling.
· The city prides itself in maintaining the most beautiful flower beds throughout the entire year. In fact, Fairhope employs a full-time horticulturist, so the city stays in beautiful bloom all year round.
Moving to Fairhope, AL
The city of Fairhope in Alabama is indeed an amazing place to live in. If you are considering moving to Fairhope and are planning to buy your new home in this wonderful location, feel free to get in touch with us and we will be more than happy to help you find the perfect home for you and your family given your lifestyle, personal preferences, and budget. Give us a call today at 251-716-1421 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or if you would like to schedule an appointment.